Notice and Consent
Please read this Policy carefully. By visiting the MIA Website and using the services provided herein, you are indicating your consent and agreement to our collection and use of your personal data as set out in this Policy.
“Controller” means any natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data;
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data Subject”). For this purpose, an ‘identifiable natural person’ is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
“Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, including collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of the personal data; and
“Processor” means any natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
This Policy applies to the MIA Website and information collected by and through the MIA Website. It does not apply to any other service by MJAS or its dealings with users or customers and does not apply to third-party sites which may be linked to the MIA Website.
How we collect Personal Data?
The Personal Data we collect or obtain may include your name, telephone or mobile number, residence or office address, financial information, transaction information or any other similar information, and information about your usage of the MIA Website, internet browser, operating system, domain name server of your internet service provider, traffic data, IP address, location data, statistics of page visits and cookies.
We collect Personal Data through the MIA Website. This includes Personal Data that you provide or submit to us directly, Personal Data that we collect automatically, and Personal Data that we obtain from other sources (e.g., third parties). In particular, we collect Personal Data directly when you fill in forms at the MIA Website or contact us by email, data messages, post or any other way for any of the following purposes:
- to register or set up an account with us;
- to receive our products or services;
- to complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obligated to respond to them);
- to make payment, either through the MIA Website or otherwise;
- to subscribe to our services or publications;
- to give us feedback; and
- to log on to our public Wi-Fi system;
We also collect Personal Data automatically when you access or visit the MIA Website. This includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the MIA Website and the way you use the MIA Website or interact with it or its contents.. Collecting data automatically helps us make improvements on the MIA Website, its content and navigation.
Finally, we may also receive Personal Data about you from various third parties and public sources, including financial and transaction data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
How do we process your Personal data?
We only collect and process Personal Data that is necessary for the stated purpose. These purposes include:
- personalization of content, business information or user experience;
- account set up and administration;
- delivering marketing and events communication;
- carrying out polls and surveys;
- internal research and development purposes;
- providing goods and services;
- public Wi-Fi access information;
- internal audit requirements;
- performing our obligations under a contract with you or to take steps to enter into such a contract
- compliance with a legal obligation;
- the protection of your vital interests or another third person;
- performing a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority in connection with our business;
- legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms.
Sharing or Disclosure of your personal information
The personal data that we collect or obtain shall be kept confidential and secure. It will not be sold, traded, disclosed to any third party, public authority, or organization or transferred to another jurisdiction for any reason other than that specified in this Policy or as may be required by applicable laws. For this reason, please note that your Personal Data may be transferred as follows:
- • to our service providers that support the MIA Website and the operation and maintenance of the MIA;
In any case, we will in connection with any disclosure or transfer of your Personal Data take reasonable steps to safeguard the security and integrity of such Personal Data through contractual or other means that we deem appropriate.
We may also disclose your Personal Data to the extent necessary or required by the relevant authorities comply with the law, to give force to the MIA Website policies, to protect our property or security rights or the property or security rights of others. Non-identifiable information (such as, for example, use statistics) may be provided to third parties for marketing, publicity or other purposes.
Link to other websites and services
We may provide links to third-party websites at our sole and exclusive discretion or we may include other third-party products and services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites and their actions or omissions in relation to your Personal Data and their privacy polices is not covered by or subjected to this Policy. We therefore encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of these other websites.
Keeping your personal data secure
We will use physical, technical, and organizational security measures to safeguard your Personal Data. These measures include:
- access to any of your personal account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
- we store your Personal Data on secure servers; and
- payment information details are encrypted using SSL technology.
Access to data
You are entitled to access and make appropriate changes or corrections to any of your Personal Data held by us whenever there is any such change or correction and you may request for access change or correct such Personal Data by contacting us from time to time.
In order to protect your Personal information, we may require identification in relation to any request for access to change or correct your Personal Data. For avoidance of doubt, we may refuse any such request in accordance with law or if proper identity has not been established.
Link to other websites and services
Keeping your personal data secure
We will use technical and organizational measure to safeguard your data, stored on secured server and protected for example:
- access to any of your personal account which is controlled by a password and user name those are unique to you
- we store your data information on secured servers
- payment information details are encrypted using SSL technology Even we take reasonable steps to make safe your personal data, please take note that the use of the global internet which cannot be entirely secure and will not give warrant the security or integrity of any personal data information.
Access to data
You are entitled to access and make changes to any personal data relating to your profile held by us whenever there is change and you may request for access to or change of the personal data and information that we maintain about you by contacting us from time to time.
In order to protect your Personal information, we may require identification all request for access or correction from you then will be proceed in a reasonable time except we refuse such requests in accordance with applicable law.
Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Personal Data on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy or until you request that your Personal Data be deleted. Even if we delete your Personal Data, however, it may persist or be retained on backup or archival media for other legal or business or other purposes or to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
** if you have questions, concerns, or complaints in respect of our use of your Personal Data, kindly contact us.